Friday, February 2, 2018 · 34 Comments

Elisha Goldstein, PhD is joined by 6 members of the faculty from A Course in Mindful Living in a Live Panel conversation on Mindfulness and Meditation: Overcoming Personal Barriers and the Secrets to a Self-Sustaining Practice.

In this panel they cover:

• • Practical tips for creating a self-sustaining meditation practice
  • • How regular practice helps in combating sleep disorders
  • • Using meditation to manage anxiety and/or negative thinking
  • • The connection between meditation, happiness, and well-being

Everyone is welcome to benefit from this, so if you know someone who would be interested, please share this link: http://elishagoldstein.com/mindfulness-meditation-overcoming-barriers-to-practice.

1. February 3, 2018 at 4:04 pm

Dr. Goldstein,
    Thank you for reaching out to me about this free panel discussion. I will be working at 3 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Friday, February 9th. I am very interested in your panel discussion. Would I be able to access it at another time?
    Stacey Nied, Ed.D.

February 8, 2018 at 11:19 am

Yes Stacey, it will be recorded :).

2. Jo
    February 3, 2018 at 3:59 pm

Could you address dealing with resistance to a daily practice? I tried being rigid with a defined schedule and that didn’t work for me. I tried setting a time and doing what I was led to do that day from my favorite practices and that was better but I still resisted. Then I tried holding space for embracing my resistance which allowed me to go deeper in my personal understanding. How do you approach ‘resistance’ in a way that allows for healing and long term growth?

3. Delia Calixtro
    February 3, 2018 at 1:11 pm

How do I present mindfulness practices to health clubs or yoga centers. I exercised too much in the past to the point of developing a chronic back pain. I did not find a counselor in these venues, who were prepare to help me during the days that I need to exercise but also needed a practice like mindfulness to bring balance in my life?

4. February 3, 2018 at 11:09 am

Very happy that my friend Margo set me up with this 21 day meditation. I am now sure it is going to be part of my everyday or night plan. It led me to realize that quiet time is as important as the busy life I love. Thanks and looking forward to the 9th live stream.

5. Marg
    February 3, 2018 at 11:07 am

Very happy that my friend Margo set me up with this 21 day meditation. I am now sure it is going to be part of my everyday or night plan. It led me to realize that quiet time is as important as the busy life I love. Thank you again. Looking forward to the 9th live stream.

6. Heidi
    February 3, 2018 at 7:26 am

Is it possible to access your meditations we have practice. Your tone, space between talking and allowing quiet meditation is perfect balance. I’d love to continue practicing yours.

February 8, 2018 at 11:22 am

Yes Heidi, you should still have access to them now :).

7. Esther Brandon
    February 3, 2018 at 6:48 am

as above

8. Esther Brandon
    February 3, 2018 at 6:48 am

Elisha, I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on how to effectively use mindfulness if you have experienced , and are healing and recovering from, complex trauma (developmental trauma). Thank you, Esther

9. Charlene Aucoin
    February 3, 2018 at 6:38 am

Attending

10. Ann Dawson
    February 3, 2018 at 3:27 am

I had difficulties focusing on my breathing and coming back to that when my mind went away from the focus on breathing. The meditations when there was plenty of talking like the Body Scan meditation helped me best and any with what felt like oceans of silence were the hardest for me. So how to keep coming back to a breathing focus without beating myself up for my mind moving away from that focus?

Post a Reply to John Suter