1. Ed
    February 15, 2016 at 7:19 am

Am teaching my 15 year old grand daughter the 8 week MBSR coarse.

February 15, 2016 at 8:32 am

Welcome Ed, that’s wonderful to be sharing MBSR with your granddaughter!

2. Anamaria
    February 9, 2016 at 8:20 pm

On this my first day, I want to START by thanking you for providing the encouragement and support to help us ACT.
    By engaging in these exercises, in any way, during the 21 days, I am confident the results will show.
    Being part of the movement to co-create unity and harmony in this world is my main purpose in life and getting
    the support to act on our intentions on a daily basis is great.
    I started the day with the intention to offer kind attention to the people in my life, and as I look back at the end of the day
    I missed some opportunities but I am left with a firmer intention for tomorrow.
    One day at a time.

February 11, 2016 at 10:30 am

Welcome AnaMaria, I’m smiling at your enthusiasm and positive attitude! I’m glad you have joined us and look forward to hearing how you are doing with your pro-social purposes and intentions.

3. Christianne McCall
    January 5, 2016 at 6:27 am

My gift is sewing. Would making clothes for people be a way of giving back?

January 8, 2016 at 10:27 am

Christianne, welcome! Absolutely, you can make a pro-social purpose to help others via making clothing for them.

4. Kelly
    January 4, 2016 at 2:32 pm

What prosocial purpose am I focusing on?

I am focusing on teaching. I am a teacher but, at this time, I have not found a classroom assignment. I am tutoring students in my home. I also intend to nurture my inner student by allowing myself to spend time learning new things.

What action can I take that is in line with this purpose?

I am working at becoming more mindful. In this regard, I believe I will be more open to authentic communication with those I meet on the path.

What is this action in service of that is greater than myself? All teaching is about building relationships. Promoting self-esteem in young people. Teach kindness and patience by example.

January 8, 2016 at 10:26 am

Wonderful and thank you for giving back with your teaching!

5. Mia
    December 1, 2015 at 10:33 pm

Thank you Elisha (and sorry for my english)!
    Here in Europe, an incredible number of refugees and migrants are coming from Syria and Africa. People that are going to face a winter without any support. In addition, terrorists contribute to confuse us, generating lots of fears, hate, racism toward these migrants.
    I’m having a trouble time too with my baby, but that’s why I can understand how difficult could be being out there, in the cold, maybe with children alone, rejected, homeless, tired, maybe sick, so far from home, family, friends….
    That’s why I want to contribute in stimulating mindful and compassionate conversations among my friends to change their minds about being so scared by these people and about the importance of staying open and generous.
    In a more practical way, I want to help a person that I see almost everyday under my office asking for some money, giving clothes that I’m not using anymore and some food, on a regular basis.
    I’m also committed to not buy unnecessary things (especially now, for Xmas), to save money for what really matter for me and family, and for being able to help people that really need an helping hand.

December 2, 2015 at 2:50 pm

Welcome and thank you Mia. Sometimes during the most challenging times is when we can find a deep well of compassion for others. Those kind of conversations can be challenging, but very rewarding to help people face their fears and open their minds. It’s wonderful to be helping someone you know in need too!

6. Radhakrishnan
    December 1, 2015 at 2:24 am

I have decided to contribute a small amount every month to an organisation dedicated to childrens welfare, here in India
    I have also decided that i shall call and spend time on the telephone every week with an aged aunt, 82 years old, not in the best of health, who lives in a Senior Citizen’s Home in another city. Try to visit her at least every three months.
    On a daily basis…..be more attentive to my wife and children.

December 1, 2015 at 5:33 pm

Radhakrishnan, wonderful, making positive waves in the world!

7. mccart
    November 28, 2015 at 1:55 pm

hi

8. Jitu
    November 28, 2015 at 7:28 am

This is a day 20 for me. I have been going back and forth with my pro social choices because have been a donor to various causes, but now things seems to crystallize and being able to spend few quiet moments every hour or so with my body sensations, thoughts and the surrounding. It has helped me to calm down a bit. It seems to introduce more pauses and awareness of choices! Very impressed with the program. Just wanted to say thank you from bottom of my heart.

I have been a meditator for quite a few years, but being mindful through out the day has been an eye opener. I have listened to your various talks & lectures and short meditations and quite impressed with your simplicity and clarity. I practice your loving kindness practice quite regularly and even do it when I am doing my daily walking. Once again thank you.

May you are able to spread your message more widely and benefit more and more people.

November 30, 2015 at 9:08 am

Jitu, so glad to hear the practice and program has brought more clarity to your pro-social purposes as well as more mindfulness and calm to you. I’m happy to hear the positive effects the practice and mindfulness has been bringing to you! That’s wonderful!

9. Radhakrishnan
    November 26, 2015 at 10:16 pm

Yes, the thought that I am — or can be — part of something bigger than me is inspiring and reassuring. I understand the reference to resilience.

Trying to identify a prosocial cause..there are so many of them, possible causes, one has to consciously pick and choose.

November 27, 2015 at 2:28 pm

It is inspiring to feel like we’re a part of something bigger than us. It’s wonderful that different pro-social purposes and causes speak to you.

10. nivea
    November 25, 2015 at 10:47 am

Day 1: What helps me be more present to my life? My sensations, when I actually take the time to observe them 😉

November 27, 2015 at 2:25 pm