1. Nancy
    November 24, 2015 at 2:41 pm

What helps me to be more present in my life? Taking a moment in the day to stop and ask myself how I’m feeling and what my thoughts are, followed by a minute or two of mindful breathing.

2. B.
    November 24, 2015 at 11:27 am

Being grateful for every single thing I have and smile.

Being aware that I have a role (big or minor) to play in the life of others and that whatever
    I do will have an effect on others. So I am grateful for that role and try to fulfill it
    with purpose, the best that I can.

November 27, 2015 at 2:24 pm

Beautiful!

3. K.
    November 24, 2015 at 6:57 am

Day 1–already having trouble. Does feeding the birds count?

November 24, 2015 at 8:14 am

Welcome K, we are glad you joined us! Please remember this is a practice, so it takes some time to learn and build. When we take action (or set intention) that’s in line with our pro-social purpose and cultivating compassion, then we’re on the right track.

4. November 23, 2015 at 6:53 pm

You asked what helps me be more present in my life. Little things really, music, looking at my hands, enjoying a sip of tea or coffee, and children when I’m out (I live in Cambodia), children really live in the present moment :-). Your morning e-mails just remind me not to forget to pay attention to the little things <3.

November 24, 2015 at 8:17 am

Bernadette, thanks for sharing some things that help you be present in the moment. The little things are what makes up the moments in our lives! Glad the morning emails help. 🙂

5. Ann
    November 23, 2015 at 3:21 pm

Reading the daily now moment has been a great inspiration and reminder to me to use mindfulness. I also enjoy the videos. It has helped me not to react so quickly to the stress and disappoints in life. Thank you for this website!

November 24, 2015 at 8:18 am

Ann, happy to hear the Daily Now Moments and videos are helping you.

6. m
    November 23, 2015 at 3:11 pm

surfing

November 24, 2015 at 8:19 am

Sounds great!

7. Eileen
    November 23, 2015 at 12:30 pm

Starting each day with the Now Moment quote/suggestion has become a wonderful ritual to center in love, truth, light, hope, joy and service.
    Sending it on to friends has deepened our relationships.
    Thank you.
    Eileen

November 23, 2015 at 2:13 pm

So wonderful Eileen, thank you for sharing this.

8. Jitu Jhaveri
    November 23, 2015 at 12:20 pm

I try to pause every hour by setting my i-phone for it. It helps me calm down and I also try to think what is the best thing to do next. It may sound odd, but I try to pause when I take a bathroom break! With lots of love and loving kindness to all the beings. -JJ

November 23, 2015 at 2:12 pm

Not so odd Jitu, a great place to do so :).

9. PKKPKK
    November 23, 2015 at 12:15 pm

Thank you for the 21 days of affirmations. I’m having a hard time putting the pains of the past behind me, while I deal with a 29 yr old son whom I love so much but who is so angry at us (me and my husband) for the things or decisions that didn’t go right while raising him. Guilt, anger, resentment, fear, anxiety and many more emotions rule my day and my relationship with him is like a roller coaster. I’m happy when he’s happy and sad when things are not going well with him. Some days I am in the pits, other days I am OK and able to make sense of all the affirmations and positive encouragement. The challenge is to stick to all the goodie good things to do, when I’m feeling totally down. Nothing anyone says matters at that time. What is one to do? How is one to find peace during those times?

November 23, 2015 at 2:12 pm

Thank you for sharing your pain and confusion. The only thing that I would know to do in that time in self-compassion. The recognition of your pain and an inclination to support yourself. I write about this on free blogs on the web, in Uncovering Happiness and also in the 28 Day Basics of Mindfulness Meditation eCourse. I do this because I see as one of the most sorely needed skills of our time.

I hope this is a support.

Warmly,

10. Mazy
    November 22, 2015 at 5:39 am

Thank you for being the force to drive change in me and many others. I began wanting to learn the healing of natures bounty and share it with others. Just by casually mentioning my interest with others, I reconnected with an old friend who I didn’t know became an expert in the use of wild plants and he is teaching me what he knows. I also bought an online program that is focussed on the use of local vegetation and provides contact info and advice for those who want to turn such a project into a business. I was also introduced to Aryveda and love the history and philosophies behind it. This is what has always whispered to me and with your help, it is now knocking on my door. If I only knew that simply by acknowledging my interest, it could become a purpose and bring fulfillment. I will remember you when I practice gratitude. Have a wonderful life Elisha.

November 23, 2015 at 8:27 am

Your comment made me smile! I’m so happy to hear how you’re making connections and manifesting something so fulfilling for you and that will aid others. Thank you for sharing with us and wishing you a wonderful life, Mazy.

Post a Reply to Joanie