1. October 29, 2015 at 12:58 am

While still in bed I find 3 things to be grateful for, then I wish myself and others some metta, then I try to take my shower being as mindful as possible, I smell the shower gel, feel the warm water on my skin and try to enjoy that moment of peace before the day starts 🙂

October 29, 2015 at 9:53 am

Cultivating gratitude and mindfulness certainly make a difference in our mindset throughout the day. Thanks Bernadette!

2. Liz Drance
    October 28, 2015 at 9:09 pm

Favorite morning mindfulness practice is getting up at 6:00am and doing a 20 minute sitting practice downstairs in our cost library with my cavalier spaniel and calico cat close by my side.

Mmmmm….starts the day so very well…..!

October 29, 2015 at 9:51 am

Thanks Liz for sharing the mindful way your start your days.

3. Leigh
    October 28, 2015 at 7:36 pm

My morning love… To walk amongst the beauty of the garden I am blessed with, so many roses of pink, yellow and red, hearing the joyous sounds of the birds…seeing them high up in the many gum trees and large pine tree, the feel of the green soft grass on the soles of my feet…Peace and Love to All.

October 29, 2015 at 9:50 am

Moments with your garden and nature sound splendid.

4. Jayanthi Subramaniam
    October 28, 2015 at 6:50 pm

I do a 2-5 min mindfulness pratice. Sometimes it is only 2-3 breaths, if that is all I can do. I find that it helps me.

October 29, 2015 at 9:48 am

Ahh, how powerful just even 2 or 3 mindful breaths can be.

5. mk
    October 28, 2015 at 5:39 pm

Morning meditation, metta and gratitude journal 🙂
    Main practice at the beach surfing with awareness.

October 29, 2015 at 9:47 am

thank you for sharing, sounds like a great start to the day!

6. Anne Reinders
    October 28, 2015 at 3:57 pm

As I struggle with a neurological illness that has radically changed who I am and how I manage in the world, my first morning practice is to be grateful to my guides, angels and ancestors, for protecting me through the night…..a few years ago I would never have believed that this would be part of my belief system or my practice.
    I then pay attention to my breath, breathing in to the count of five and breathing out to the count of five for a few minutes until I feel more settled.
    When I get out of bed I do my energy program taken from Donna Eden’s “Energy Medicine” and trace my meridian systems…
    This routine helps my nervous system settle and my anxiety to lessen and I can get on with my day as best I can

Thank you for listening and so supporting me…

October 28, 2015 at 4:43 pm

thank you for sharing your morning practice Anne, wishing you wellness.

7. Glenda McDonald
    October 28, 2015 at 3:14 pm

I enjoy my 5 minutes of mindfulness meditation before I get out of bed in the morning. This sets me up with a positive frame of mind to start the day. As I open the blinds on the light of another day I feel grateful.

October 28, 2015 at 4:49 pm

It’s wonderful what a positive frame of mind and gratitude can bring us.

8. Monica
    October 28, 2015 at 2:58 pm

I take a few moments in the shower to really be there, feeling the hot water running down, my feet on the floor, the sound, the scents.

October 28, 2015 at 4:54 pm

Thanks for sharing, Monica

9. Ligia Conti
    October 28, 2015 at 1:56 pm

My favorite morning practice is to give a broad smile as soon as I open my eyes. Greet God, Nature, Etna (the name I gave to the being who holds my house whole and safe) and Elza (the being who holds my body perfect and healthy). Then I make a gratitude meditation, scanning my body and being grateful for all I can do (see, walk, hear, feel, love, move, sit…), then I go on thanking life for all the opportunities that day has ready for me. Then I get up and start my day. It feels abslutely great.

October 28, 2015 at 4:46 pm

Gratitude is a beautiful way to greet the world each day!

10. Susan Hogan
    October 28, 2015 at 1:47 pm

My favourite way to start the day is taking my dog for a walk. During this time I do a simple walking meditation and reflection.

October 28, 2015 at 4:56 pm

Thanks for telling us about your morning walks with your dog and how you create a space for meditation and reflection.

Post a Reply to Tara