1. Dragonwisdom77
    October 24, 2015 at 5:58 pm

Hi Elisha, I find these questions quite difficult. I am trying to work on myself and for many internal reasons I find socializing and doing volunteer work quite challenging due to my depression and very low sense of self-esteem. One of my goals is to have more self-compassion for myself and when the NUTs arise which happens every nano second I try to show myself more compassion/loving kindness. My pro-social goal perhaps in an indirect way is to be more compassionate to myself so that I can start reaching out to others and getting outside of myself. At the moment, I am involved in a signing petition on http://www.avaast.org for social and environmental issues and post them on Face Book to try to get others to support these causes. I am also a vegetarian and have been so for many decades which helps the environment. I compost and recycle as much as possible. I sold my car many years ago to be more eco-friendly and walk, bike or take the train every where. I read as much as possible to try to have a smaller carbon foot print on this earth. I am also there for my friends when they need to talk or have difficult issues, but overall I am not very active in direct contact with others outside of my small circle and I find these 3 question quite difficult and perplexing even though they are quite simple ones. Perhaps in your emails you could give a bit more structure or activities from your book. This might be helpful as I am finding the emails to be quite similar each day and feel in a rut when I seem to have no answers. Maybe this is my perfectionist mind talking. I would really appreciate your suggestions as I feel I am to inward looking due to my depression and in a rut. I want to do something more and to be involved, but being with people is quite challenging right now even when people want me around it is difficult to do. Perhaps I am just being too hard on myself and without me knowing or being aware of it the NUTs are driving my conscious actions.

• Dragonwisdom77
      October 24, 2015 at 9:45 pm

I just wanted to add to my entry. I thought about some pro-social things I could do. When I get in these depressed states which right now are more dysthymic (constant annoying low grade depression with unending loops of NUTs) I tend to isolate myself as it is easier; rather than showing the outside world what a complete failure I am (perfectionist thinking or catastrophic thinking). However, after thinking of a pro-social goal I thought I could email my two best friends and explain what was happening to me as they really care about my well-being. Rather than pushing them away I decide to share my inner world with them in a very honest email. Then, I decided to send an email to my half-brother who has been totally rejected by my mother. I have been his only family link. I just told him that I was thinking about him and his boys and asked how life was treating him. I am hoping that these fit within what you have described as pro-social goals. With depression it is hard to get outside of my inner world and for me this was a way to do it. I hope this makes sense.

October 26, 2015 at 7:24 am

Reaching out to others can be very powerful, it can make positive waves in the larger world!

2. Dragonwisdom77
    October 23, 2015 at 1:25 am

I recently just finished Elisha’s book Uncovering Happiness and decided to put things into action by taking this 21-day course. I have taken many course in the pasts and treatments for dealing with depression including a CBT/Mindfulness group, but for some reason I slipped back into a state of depression even though things are going well. It is not that dark black whole as in the past, but rather what is termed dysthymia which more of a persistent low grade depression, and if not dealt with can eventually changed into what Churchill referred to as the “Black dog”. I have decided to be proactive and examine my life more, but not only examine it, but to have useful tools such as this course/book to guide me. I also downloaded a fantastic meditation app that has a timer with beautiful Buddhist bells along with a host of great guided mediation talks. I am starting over again and this is my first step of a million miles or if you prefer kilometer to my journey towards wellness and happiness. These are the links for the mediation timer if anyone is interested.

October 23, 2015 at 8:13 am

Welcome Dragonwisdom77, so glad you decided to join us for the 21 Days of Purpose. It’s great that you’re taking proactive steps and employing tools like Insight Timer to help support your work. I’m happy to hear about your long term outlook: ” I am starting over again and this is my first step of a million miles or if you prefer kilometer to my journey towards wellness and happiness” Your work inspires others!

3. Elizabeth
    October 22, 2015 at 2:53 pm

Better world health through movement and mindfulness

October 23, 2015 at 8:05 am

That’s wonderful!

4. Tra ce Griesbach
    October 20, 2015 at 5:25 pm

To treat my students with loving kindness and compassion- particularly when they seem to deserve it the least- because that is when they need it the most.

October 20, 2015 at 5:32 pm

Wonderful!

5. AJ Roush
    October 10, 2015 at 5:37 am

Moving toward:

Empowering employees struggling under unappreciative bosses in stressful workplaces.
    Helping hardworking people get tires and other automobile needs.

October 13, 2015 at 7:39 am

It’s great when we can spot places where someone could truly use help and support and can work toward making a difference to improve the situation.

6. Elisha Goldstein
    September 21, 2015 at 11:58 am

What is your purposeful action going to be today?

• Lida
      September 23, 2015 at 4:23 pm

to be present

• kate wilson
      October 9, 2015 at 12:08 pm

I will learn to practice R.A.I.N and S.A.F.E after listening on the mindfulness summit.

• AJ Roush
      October 10, 2015 at 5:45 am

Empowerment, kindness, forgiveness.

7. September 12, 2015 at 9:18 am

I am focused on providing access to highly qualified mindfulness instructors available to all. I want to create true equanimity within the practice by removing obstacles.

8. Corinne
    September 10, 2015 at 11:59 am

I would like to see more compassion and kindness shown to the animals in our world and are donating money to animal welfare charities and providing food and resources where needed. I would like for the next generation to have the pleasure of some of the beautiful species of animals we have in our world.

9. Lida
    September 3, 2015 at 3:40 pm

To smile at strangers to show there is joy in being

10. Erlinda Massie
    August 29, 2015 at 7:49 am

Hi there it’s me, I am also visiting this site daily, this
    site is truly nice and the viewers are in fact
    sharing pleasant thoughts.

August 29, 2015 at 2:55 pm

thanks for stopping by daily and commenting, welcome!