1. Sam Gentile
    May 14, 2015 at 11:28 am

Day 21 and I reviewed my progress. One great new thing that has resulted is a special new relationship with my daughter. Now we always go Play in the park and going running.

I have mostly kept to my intentions but it seems like I have picked “easy” tasks. I have learned that I can reach for more.

May 15, 2015 at 11:23 am

That’s great, Sam! Even what seems like small tasks when powered by intention can build a great positive impact.

2. Sam Gentile
    May 12, 2015 at 11:44 am

Day 19 and the Prosocial behavior is Compassion. The action I took was the one suggested in the email, to start a formal meta loving kindness meditation. It was hard as I had a lot of resistance that the phrases I used would not work. Service was for all Beings

May 13, 2015 at 8:58 am

Sometimes if there is a lot of resistance it can help to choose different words or even explore why we’re feeling the resistance.

3. May 11, 2015 at 12:01 pm

Day 18 and my prosocial behavior was Compassion. The action is to help Heather with her Math homework without getting mad. This is hard for me because I get frustrated quick and just want to go read my Buddhism books and focus on me. The service is for Heather not myself

May 11, 2015 at 1:16 pm

Hi Sam,

This is a wonderful direction and also, in the process to is an opportunity to practice mindfulness and self-compassion. Throughout the process notice your body, when it’s tense, take a breath, allow it to soften and refocus on your intention of Heather. Warmly, Elisha

4. Sam Gentile
    May 10, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Day 17 and my prosocial behavior is Compassion. My action was doing a Metta Lovingkindness meditation for all beings (including myself!)

May 11, 2015 at 9:14 am

Wonderful Sam, yes compassion is not complete without compassion for self :).

5. Sam Gentile
    May 10, 2015 at 11:53 am

Day 16 yesterday and prosocial behavior was Strong family and Play. I got up and picked up my daughter Heather from horseback riding and then we went to the park and ran a 1/2 mile and then played on the swings. After that we went to Sudhi. Service was for my daughter who really appreciated the bonding time.

6. Ramona Jones
    May 9, 2015 at 11:10 am

I have skill in writing funny things. Today, I’m going to write something funny on Facebook that will make others smile or laugh.

7. Susan M
    May 9, 2015 at 4:38 am

Day 11 and heading off for a week’s holiday. I’m pleased I’ve managed to leave nothing important undone that needed my attention. So I can look forward to having more space to reflect on my prosocial purose – especially after a worrying election outcome in the UK which is likely to marginalise sectors of our community further.

May 11, 2015 at 9:37 am

Enjoy your holiday and the time for reflection.

8. Sam Gentile
    May 8, 2015 at 11:04 am

Day 15 and I did the suggested Compassion practice and placing my hand on my heart and wishing a family member well

9. Sam Gentile
    May 7, 2015 at 10:24 am

Day 14 and my Prosocial behavior is one of my core values Strong Family. The actions I am taking is to give my wife the night off taking Heather to her two therapy sessions and also the action of participating in one of Heather’s sessions to assist her in figuring some family dynamics. Service is for Sue and Heather and our family.

10. Sam Gentile
    May 6, 2015 at 9:30 am

Day 12 and I’m going with the emails suggestion of holding my hand on my heart and wishing someone I love well.

I am more concerned about yesterday when the reminder said don’t go to sleep and what did I do? Sleep all day and miss another day of work. I didn’t see the email until late afternoon but I didn’t do a purpose for yesterday. Now I feel really guilty about it and think it isn’t working.

May 6, 2015 at 2:12 pm

When we get off track or fall behind with our practice, it’s important to treat ourselves with kindness. Forgive yourself for the day missed, it’s in the past and you’re in the present. It’s a great opportunity to invite yourself to get back to the practice, which it sounds like you have today. One practice that you might consider, is in addition to holding your hand on your heart wishing someone you love well, you may also want to send that same lovingkindness to yourself.