Uncovering Happiness is Finally Done (Behind the Scenes)

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 · 59 Comments

It’s ready!!!

I’ve recently received the final version of my newest BOOK from my publisher. It’s been a major LABOR OF LOVE and now it’s all READY to go. I couldn’t be happier about how it turned out and I’m celebrating… and I want to share some of the highlights of it with you.

I also want to invite you to the launch celebration – it’s all in the video!

Let me know what you think and also if you want to be part of my book release team.

1. January 29, 2015 at 2:37 pm

Dr. Goldstein, I’m a fan of Dr. Van Nuys and have communicated with him often since discovering his podcasts sometime around 2007 or a little later. Today I listened to your discussion of the place of psychotherapy and knowledge of the human brain and mind and found myself both smiling, and also furrowing my brow at the way you and Dr. Magnavita, Dr. McDaniel and others have promoted the idea that humans are attacked by things such as depression (and “pneumonia” which was the parallel given).

That’s a western medical model and sets us and the public up for the same error that is found in “war on Cancer” thinking — there is no “Cancer monster”, rather there are similar-appearing responses of the human organism and its tissues to the shocks and traumas that push cells into autonomous function. (E.g., Leukemia has been linked to the body increasing its white cell count to counteract the effects of Mercury as from dental fillings.)

Would you consider a collaborative event with naturopathic physicians and others who would say that “depression” is a complex situation that can be greatly modified or eliminated by paying attention to factors such as: nutrients, pollution/toxic load, exercise and more? (As well as being helped by the practical mental steps you describe regarding intention and mindfulness.)

I started a site: http://www.DCNN.pro; it dealt with natural neuroscience factors, and was begun in response to naturopathic physicians advocating that our profession start a specialty board in Naturopathic Psychiatry. The For Leaders tab on that site shows my actions in 2012 after I’d learned how to unhook the “loops” that had been formed when I was in the military in 1967. On the home page are links to ShrinkRapRadio interviews with Jonathan Prousky and Stephen Ducat — Jonathan is editor of Abram Hoffer’s Orthomolecular journal. They would be able to give you a more paced introduction to what I think could become a major development in mental health circles: Drawing upon the worldview of professions other than MD and psychologist. This includes naturopathic physicians, Ayurvedic doctors, classical acupuncturists, homeopaths and body psychotherapy practitioners.

I’m still learning how to appreciate what may be possible. I hope that this posting gets to you. I have recently met a neurofeedback medical doctor here in Hilo, HI, and I hope to be developing my services now that I’m back in the islands. Aloha from here,
    Ralph Wilson
    808-313-1284

January 30, 2015 at 10:11 am

Hi Ralph, I’m a big proponent of how our food choices affect our mental and emotional well-being as well as exercise. Very interested in functional medicine. Happy to discuss ideas you may have. Warmly, Elisha

2. shira
    December 17, 2014 at 6:30 pm

I agree with the recommendations above about getting to the medical field and also to schools, especially adolescents and/or young adults. I wonder if it might be possible to get connected to national organizations catering to youth and introducing videos of some skills taught in the books to teachers and professionals to take to kids…maybe even creating a mini book club type idea or “guided instruction” ideas for teens/ya to get them thinking and practicing in schools.

I love the NOW effect. The short but meaningful chapters are so easy to give over to clients, and to internalize and apply in my own life. I’ve recommended it to a number of clients and friends…and I only wish we can do the same with kids. The practicality of creating a life worth living (a la Marsha Linehan) is something we can’t afford to miss in educating the younger generation. And I think thats a niche maybe you can fill!

Thank you for your wisdom, authenticity, and efforts. I wish you a tremendously successful launch and even better success I’m the coming years with all the work you’re doing. And thanks for the daily emails! Fabulous fabulous fabulous!!!

B’Hatzlacha,
    Shira

December 22, 2014 at 10:44 am

Thank you so much for your kind words and for your great ideas!

3. Andrea Bell
    December 15, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Donate a copy to as many local libraries as you can. ALso donate it to local school libraries.

4. December 13, 2014 at 4:02 pm

well done! Requiring you as an individual with a drive to bring into form what might be of benefit something that is larger than you….dancing there between form and formlessness, and now the practicality of making it reach far and wide

5. Chuck Rockey
    December 12, 2014 at 4:41 pm

Hi Elisha,

Loved the NOW Effect and am looking forward to this one!

Perhaps some kind of online forum where people can share their experiences applying the tools in the book would keep people engaged with the techniques and talking about them with others in their lives.

Big Hugs!!