Uncovering Happiness is Finally Done (Behind the Scenes)

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 · 59 Comments

It’s ready!!!

I’ve recently received the final version of my newest BOOK from my publisher. It’s been a major LABOR OF LOVE and now it’s all READY to go. I couldn’t be happier about how it turned out and I’m celebrating… and I want to share some of the highlights of it with you.

I also want to invite you to the launch celebration – it’s all in the video!

Let me know what you think and also if you want to be part of my book release team.

1. December 11, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Hi Elisha

Congratulations getting your new book to this stage.

You are such a warm and open-hearted presenter in the video, that I think that you telling your own story of uncovering happiness in your own life (even though it may not have come out of a depression), written and by video, however small a story, just some real snippets of the real you behind the seens, would add tremendous personal weight and relevance.

All the best
    Warm regards
    John

December 11, 2014 at 8:00 pm

Thank you John, excellent idea, I hope to make more videos… I hope you’re well, Elisha

2. December 11, 2014 at 8:43 am

Hi Elisha, I’ve been receiving your daily now emails for a couple of years and find them very helpful and supportive. I teach MBSR courses in the UK and lead retreats and am also part of a Community of Interbeing Sangha (following Thich Nhat Hanh’s tradition). I’d be happy to recommend your book to people on the MBSR courses and retreats as well as a book review for the Community of Interbeing newsletter if I had more information. From what I’ve already seen it sounds like an excellent book so I’m sure it will do well. Great idea to do a kind of crowd-funding publicising. All the best 🙂

December 11, 2014 at 9:57 am

Hi Lauri,

I would be deeply grateful, thank you so much. Let me know if you need anything at all from me.

Warmly,

3. Lori
    December 11, 2014 at 3:50 am

I love the NOW effect and use it in my practice, as well as recommend my clients purchase a copy of their own. I look forward to this book as well. I read some great ideas for marketing above and want to especially encourage your reaching out to the medical professionals and schools perhaps by sending a dvd along with a sample of the book and some advertisement cards for patients and students/parents. NPR might also attract a good audience – perhaps the Diane Rehm show.

4. Mary T. Schmitz
    December 10, 2014 at 8:57 pm

Love the trailer! Love me some Rick, Daniel & Kristin….all you needed was Kelly McGonigal to round out the feedback from researchers

5. Christine LUSITA
    December 10, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Congrats E! Very happy for you. You should get this out to the today show. Call me & I’ll do my best to help

December 10, 2014 at 9:02 pm

Hi Christine, let’s definitely take this off line, I’d love any support in getting the word out. ~ Elisha

6. December 10, 2014 at 7:48 pm

Congratulations, Elisha ! I am a big fan of yours, know your from InsightLa & have been promoting your “The Now Effect” book to ILA people. Bring plenty of copies of this new publication to the center, I will buy it & encourage others to read as well. Perhaps, you can address our sangha group like you did before, I will be glad to help you out. I am sure it will be an insightful journey. Hope to see you soon at InsightLA .

December 10, 2014 at 9:13 pm

Thank you so much Natalie, a place that lives in my heart….

7. Venkatesan Raman
    December 10, 2014 at 7:07 pm

In my present organization few people are interested in this book, where can we get.. Is it available in Amazon or Flipkart.

Advise pls,..

Regards,

Venkat

8. Venkatesan Raman
    December 10, 2014 at 6:59 pm

Thanks for bringing this brilliant book, great way to touch and change everyone lives.. Post it in all Social Media, Would suggest of making it through LinkedIn and as a honest feedback, I am not experience your active presence in LinkedIn.

Post a daily info chapter sharing or stories Video or Audio about the book and make everyone kindle with “Uncovering Happiness”. Checkout with LinkedIn whether they can do it for “Promo”. I believe whole lot of community with similar interest is waiting for you there…

See that you have been reaching all through leading “Mindfulness or wisdom” based magazines with main / cover topics through out the world.

I have an intuition your unique style of Intro makes the difference in the “Uncovering Happiness” a grand success. Get ready for the success party.

All the very best. (Makwud)

Regards,

Venkat

9. robin coleman
    December 10, 2014 at 4:32 pm

Oh Elisha, I am so happy for you and your behind-the-scene supports (the beautiful family). I would love to see some sort of workshop format going into schools. Laura Parsekian’s Kind campaign comes to mind. There is so much pressure on high school kids these days, depression, anger, disconnection, suicide. Having a little army of facilitators going into school with science-based tricks could really be helpful. Please do a book tour back up here in the Bay Area! And I am getting this for my oldest child, Nathan, a college senior.

December 10, 2014 at 9:19 pm

What a great idea Robin… that might also be my wife and I’s CALM program (Connecting Adolescents to Learning Mindfulness). We will definitely be up in the Bay at some point this year doing something. I look forward to seeing you up there. Warmly, Elisha

10. Suzy
    December 10, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Initiate a ripple affect…. Every person on this post go try it out and report back…
    Let’s get original in the NOW!

Post a Reply to Amy